The Soo Arena Association is embarking on a $1,000,000 Capital Fundraising Campaign.
Your Contributions Help:
- Energy efficient updates
- Parking lot upgrade
- Dressing room upgrades
- Ice plant upgrades
- Electrical system upgrades
Individuals will have a choice to donate $10 per month on an annual basis.
Automatic withdrawals will require banking / credit card information, or post-dated cheques given to the Soo Pee Wee Arena office.
A one-time donation of any amount can be made at any time.
Donations can be made by cash, cheque, debit or credit card, or PayPal. Download and print the donation form or donate online.
Why Should you Contribute?
- Enhance your experience and comfort while at the arena
- Take advantage of the latest in technology to create energy efficiencies to lower the operating costs, thereby keeping hockey affordable
- Give back to the Arena where many memories and life-building lessons were spawned
- Help keep the Soo Pee Wee a safe and secure place to play for the youth who are the future of our community
- The Soo Arena Association is a registered non-profit charity and tax receipts are given
- You may have employees whose children play at the Soo Pee Wee
Facts About Soo Pee Wee Arena
- The Soo Pee Wee Arena is a non-profit charitable organization run by the Soo Arena Association
- The Soo Pee Wee Hockey League is the main tenant (renter of ice) from the Arena
- A separate board formed in the mid 60's to build an Arena to give the Soo Pee Wee Hockey League a home arena rather than play on outdoor rinks and 5 hours a week from the City
- The Soo Pee Wee Arena was primarily build by volunteers
- Many local businesses including Algoma Steel donated building materials
- The Soo Pee Wee Arena has for many years endeavoured to keep ice rates affordable for the youth of Sault Ste. Marie
- The Soo Pee Wee Arena is the oldest arena in the City (44 years old)